Tuesday 4 August 2015

An incident with wrapping paper.

If only

I'd opened my ears and  listened. I was fairly young when this happened, but I was old enough to know better and know that apple paper is not a thing that exists.  Hindsight is a bitch.

So I was doing doodles in my room, while my sister (who clearly didn't realise what amazing art skills I had) was giving me a singing commentary on my life. When my mother as usual, rudely interrupted, her friend needed a favor:  






 Mother had friends over for some tea and gossip, and god forbid their gossip time is postponed for a few minutes because one of them needed something from the shop 10ft across the road. It's okay though Kirsty is upstairs honing her only (amazing) talent, lets use her instead. No problem. 




Now in my haste to get out of the gossip club and back to my drawing I didn't realise that I had misheard my moms friend. You see, she said wrapping paper but what I heard was apple paper.


For a reason that still eludes me to this day, I just accepted it. Apple paper must be a thing, I didn't know what that thing was, but I was sure the lady in the shop would know.






Bless this poor soul of a shop keeper because for some unknown reason she was showing me everything that was either related to apples or paper. Clearly apple paper Isn't a thing, she must of known this, she owned the shop and would surely know straight away if she stocked something like apple paper. Yet she kept on showing me stuff anyway.



After a good 20 minutes of the lady showing me everything she ever stocked ever! we came to the conclusion that she did not have any apple paper. So off home I went, still thinking apple paper was a thing.



The thing was, I had not the slightest idea as to what apple paper was myself...is it special paper for apples? Paper with pictures of apples on it?  An apple wrapped in paper? All these thoughts were running through my head. For all I know she could of shown me this apple paper and I would of been none the wiser.







Still as confident as ever.






No comments:

Post a Comment